Top 10 Reactions to the Constitutional Convention
For those of you who arent aware, Australia has had a convention to debate the form the Australian Republic would take if the Australian people decided to cut all remaining ties to England. Here are the people of Australia's top ten reactions in ascending order from the least to the most popular response.
10. I'm all in favour of progress but after the convention I have to ask myself if progress in Australian politics isn't a bit like teaching a cannibal to use a knife and fork.
9. It taught me one thing mate, no matter how thin you slice it it's still baloney.
8. Lets run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes it.
7. I've come to realise that what this country needs is more free speech worth listening to.
6. When I was a boy I was told that anyone could become a politician. After the Constitutional Convention I'm beginning to believe it.
5. Don't ask me, I never vote it only encourages them.
4. I say vote for the man who promised the least; he'll be the least disappointing.
3. It was like watching a fight between two bald men over a comb.
2. I now know why it took God 40 days to give Moses the 10 Commandments.
1. It's the first time in history that turkeys have been known to vote for an early Christmas.
Back to Marvin
This is green, Heee, Haaaa (And this is Blue!)